Pro-Tip: Importance of Structured Wiring. Think Long Term Investment!
As a company, we often find ourselves fielding questions regarding structured wiring and whether it’s important in a renovation or new home build. Absolutely! It’s one of the most important investments you can make with your home. It’s a digital world with innovation pushing the limits of what’s possible every day. Here are some reasons why you should consider a structured wiring package.
· Future requirements: What will the future look like 5, 10, 15 years from now? Whatever the future holds, structured wiring will play a part in delivering data to those devices.
· Structured wiring and wireless technologies: As more and more wireless devices enter our home, this will put further demand on your wireless network. Having a wireless network with a wiring backbone will ensure wireless devices receive the data they need at the fastest speeds possible. Hardwiring devices will also take the burden off the wireless network.
· With Structured Wiring, all runs can be terminated at a central location (closet, storage room, mechanical room, etc.) so that all components can be hidden and out of the way. Having a centralized wiring design allows for easier upgrades in the future, it also allows for seamless integration of all subsystems.
· Structured wiring can have multiple different uses. Examples: Category cable can distribute video, audio, control, and much much more. Coax can be used for video/audio distribution, data networks and more.
· Make a plan. Working with a specialist to ensure the structured wiring package will cover your needs today and into the future.
· Unlike other technologies or devices, structured wiring doesn’t depreciate. That wire will continue to work and do its job long after it’s been installed. It’s an investment in your home for tomorrow’s digital requirements.
Here are only a few points on why you should have a structured wiring plan. Before you build or renovate, ask about Structured Wiring, it will save you lots of money in the end!