What’s In A Price?
When clients approach us to design and quote their projects including whole-home automation systems, dream home theatres or outdoor lighting just to name a few, they are often unaware of how much it is all going to cost. Unlike in other industries where items have a default sticker price, each job we work on is a custom project based on our client’s wants and needs. However, once a design has come to life and the quote handed over, sometimes all a client sees is the final number and starts to have second thoughts. Sticker shock sets in and they say we’re too expensive compared to big-box retailers. Clients also fear paying for a system that they won’t know how to use and start to back away. However, what they don’t see is all the other elements included in that final price.
Let’s explore what makes up the price of a quote.
Quality Partners = Quality Goods
When you partner with Total Home Technologies, know that we’ve selected some of the best brands in the market. We are very selective about our brands and they go through various tests to meet our quality standards. We select these brands based on the following areas:
- Performance: The equipment has to perform at a high level of quality while also offering functionality that is unique yet simple.
- Build quality: No one likes it when a device fails, so we’ve selected brands that are designed to perform for years to come and have the reputation to back them up.
- Warranty: While failure rates are extremely low, electronic devices are prone to failure. Whether they are damaged in shipping, a manufacturing issue, general wear and tear or some other unforeseen issue, the brands we’ve partnered with know the importance of replacing the item in a quick and easy fashion.
The end result of these standards is meant to put our client’s mind at ease. Knowing that your investment will provide you with a high-performing system that will last for years.
We Are Artists!
We love taking your vision and turning it into a reality. We find out what exactly you are looking for and the final result is a seamlessly working system that includes pieces of multiple brands that all work together in unison. We’re passionate about what we do and you’ll love the result.
When Sh*t Hits The Fan!
It’s 5 pm on a Friday and suddenly, your main network router goes down, completely shutting down your entire home network. No one has the ability to stream music, watch Netflix, the home automation system is down and you can’t submit that report your boss needs ASAP remotely. While we engineer our systems to the highest standards, sometimes sh*t happens and service is required.
We had a call from a client late one Friday afternoon upon discovering their network router had stopped working. After we spoke, the client was able to follow our detailed labelled wiring system to replace to the router so he was able to submit a report due at work that day. We made arrangements to be by his place the next morning to re-connected the wiring and replaced the defective unit that had been over a year old. The client was thrilled that troubleshooting the issue was so easy with our detailed labelled system and our prompt service call.
So when sh*t hits the fan and you find yourself in a tough position, here’s what’s also included in the final price:
- Service: Fast and friendly.
- Knowledgable Staff: We will help troubleshoot problems and fix them quickly.
- Wire labelling and documentation during installation: Assists you to help fix the problem yourself quickly and efficiently.
- Education, education, education: We provide all the information you need and more to know exactly how to run your system and how to help troubleshoot it if an issue occurs. If you still have questions or need help, we are always here.
Total Home Technologies Education Videos
When thinking about making this type of investment, we want you to feel empowered with the knowledge to be able to enjoy your system to its maximum ability. We have created educational videos on all of the different system platforms that we offer. Learn how to create a Savant scene, adjust your lighting through Elan, set an alarm through Sonos, and much more.
If you are interested in our educational videos and links, please reach out to us and we will be happy to help!